Welcome!

GM is excited to be growing to provide more outreach. Follow along and watch what God will do to help us reach out to others!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Looking for a job

I must say it isn't easy.  I work in home health care and have private care clients.  Meaning I get the clients for myself not through a company.  Been there done that.  My main client was put in a nursing home in October and I have not found any other full time clients.  This is not good as I have a hospital bill that needs paid on every month.  My other bills I pay for is not much.

I have been to several places in the small town I live close too and have not received calls for an interview.  It amazes me because they still are advertising for the job I applied for!  Now I am only 55 and have no problem doing the jobs I have applied for.  One person said he would call me the next day, but he must have forgotten.  One company said "immediate interviews", and I have yet to hear from them.

I would like to work close to home so I don't have to travel far.  My car is not the best and I don't want it falling apart on me before I can afford a new one.  Also, the older I get the less I like to drive on snowy or icy roads.  I had lots of slip sliding away last winter and even ended up in a ditch.  My sweet hubby, while trying to help me, got stuck as well.  Not fun at all.

I did send a resume to the next town north of us.  The wait starts again.  This job is in ministry so I know I will like it.  I wish I could find something I could do to make money from home.  That would be awesome!  Officiating weddings and speaking engagement are few and far between.  I have signed up to try writing form home.  Should be interesting.  Just need to figure out how it works.  The writing is the easy part.

Prayers as I wait to see what God has planned for me next.  Lord may it be soon.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment